Friday, June 7, 2013

Mostly Dairy-Free Meal Plan...

I decided that I would start posting our weekly meal plans on here each Friday when I have time.  I know that sometimes I need some new inspiration from someone else's menu for meal preparation, so why not share my own ideas with all of you!?  This week won't have any food pictures or anything, because, well, I just don't have any :o)  I'll try to remember to take some pictures in the future though, so they can be included.  This menu includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.  It is mostly dairy-free as we have a daughter with lactose intolerance, and a twin showing signs of a dairy allergy (Mommy LIKES her milk, yogurt and cheese, but will give it up if it helps little Leah).  Also, I grocery shop on Fridays, so my menu plans begin on Saturday.

Saturday:
B:  Daddy's Pancakes with peanut butter and syrup

L:  Going to a celebration for Daddy's work

D:  Build-your-own salad (the children LOVE this)
      -lettuce, cucumbers, eggs, avocado, tomatoes, salmon, ham, onion, apples, raisins, almonds,etc.
      -we have a rule that they must choose two vegetables besides lettuce to complete their salad
      -we will use dressings such as raspberry vinagrette, italian, french, or poppyseed, plus a dairy-free                                                Ranch dressing that I found at Price Cutter

Sunday:
B:  Cereal (this is our go-to Sunday breakfast because it is quick and gets us to church on time)
      -we will use almond milk, rice milk, or coconut milk in our cereal

L:  Deacon Meeting lunch (not sure what I will be taking yet; probably apple salad)

D:  Shrimp Kabobs (shrimp, mushrooms, bell pepper, pineapple), steamed broccoli, homemade fries

Monday:
B:  Oatmeal (Old-fashioned oats, pure maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla almond milk), orange juice

L:  Bean burritos, steamed baby carrots

D:  Tatertot Casserole (our only dairy-containing meal, because its already in the freezer), salad
      -I use the recipe on the Duggar's website

Tuesday:
B:  Peaches with granola, sausage links, orange juice

L:  Leftovers!!

D:  Small group bible study (I'll be taking tortilla chips and salsa)

Wednesday:
B:  Biscuits, bacon, and fruit

L:  Grilled open-faced sandwiches, cucumber slices, fruit salad

D:  PB&J roll-ups, Sunchips,  baby carrots & snap peas

Thursday:
B:  Oatmeal (might add raisins to the mix this time)

L:  Chicken salad on a large leaf of lettuce, fruit salad, crackers

D:  Cheese-less pizza (Canadian bacon, sausage, onion, mushrooms, kale, and bell pepper piled high!!)

Friday:
B:  Cereal (again, fast breakfast because we go grocery shopping this day)

L:  We usually eat lunch at Sam's Club on grocery day (though we occasionally branch out)

D:  will be on next week's menu

Snacks:
fruit, veggies, hummus, peanut butter, pitas, energy balls (on my Pinterest board), trail mix (almonds, peanuts, dried fruits, raw coconut shavings, banana chips, raisins, dairy-free chocolate chips),  frozen grapes, peanut butter cookies, popcicles

So, that's the plan for this week.  If there's anything you would like the recipe for just let me know.  There are a lot of times that I just wing-it, so I'll have to try to start writing down and measuring amounts more often when I cook.  :o)

Proverbs 31:14-15  "She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.  She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls."

2 comments:

  1. Did you know I also model my meal planning after you? I never meal planned before Cambodia, but it's essential here. Two months before moving here I noticed how you plan your meals on your fridge. And that's how I do it now. The boys love it b/c they can read ahead to find out what we're going to eat and when. :) ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, that's awesome and I'm so honored!! That's what our children like about it. Especially Rachel. She's the one that always wants to know what's happening next.

      Delete